Salary InformationWeekly Rate: $610.50 - $1511.00
Performs work associated with the installation, removal of rearrangement of outside plant facilities. Connecting wires and cables to terminals and attaching or detaching various kinds of hardware to wires, cables, buildings or poles. Keeps reports and records and performs other duties as may be assigned. May be assigned to other work locations as needed.
Duties may include, but are not limited to, the following:
A. Performing work operations in connection with providing telephone service.
B. Placing, rearranging and removing outside telephone plant, including aerial, underground, submarine, buried, block and house cables, poles, and associated hardware fixtures and equipment. Trimming trees may also be required.
C. Connecting wires and cables to terminals and attaching or detaching various kinds of hardware to wires, cables, buildings or poles. Placing various terminals and/or cabinets, as required.
D. Inspecting, repairing and maintaining wire and cables and poles.
E. Operating construction type equipment, such as winches, chain saws, hydraulic aerial lifts, and using large hand tools in placing wires and related materials.
F. Works aloft; climbs ladders and poles; enter tunnels, buildings, trenches, crawl spaces, manholes, and other confined spaces to accomplish job tasks.
G. Reading and interpreting engineering plans.
H. Digging holes, placing poles, laying cable and conduit in the ground, unrolling cable, placing fiber interduct and pulling and stringing wire and cable from pole to pole.
I. Drain water and remove any debris from manholes adhering to established guidelines and procedures.
J. Operating Company motor vehicles of varying gross weights which may be used to tow auxiliary equipment and supplies such as, poles, cable reels, generator pumps, etc. in a safe manner.
K. Locating buried underground cable and wire may be required.
L. Interacting with non-Verizon technicians in joint use and/or emergency operations.
M. Completing all related administrative paperwork, time and material reporting (time sheets), inspection reports, inventory reports, etc.
N. Works outside in all weather conditions.
O. Recognize and take proper precautions when working near any hazardous materials.
P. May be required to stand or sit for long periods of time.
Q. May be required to perform additional duties and tasks as required by the Company.
- Tests - Results obtained in standard tests for this position must meet minimum requirements established by the Company, in accordance with Company policy.
- Must meet Verizon medical standards for the job. Ability to perceive differences in wire and cable colors. Must meet weight restriction to comply with OSHA/Company safety standards.
- Security background investigation may be required.
- Ability to move and/or lift items such as ladders, tools, air tanks, cable reels, test equipment and other objects weighing up to 100 pounds.
- A valid state driver's license is required. Must have ability to drive vehicle with manual gearshift. Where a Commercial Driver's License is required, the applicant must pass an alcohol and drug test. Must meet applicable federal and state standards for operating the size vehicles covered by this job title. A Commercial Driver's License, CLASS A (CDL-A) or CLASS B (CDL-B) is required. To obtain the CDL-A or CDL-B license, the employee/applicant must qualify on the Department of Transportation's CDL license physical, written, and skills qualifications tests.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with customers.
- Job site visits will generally be granted only where a contractual obligation exists.
- Must be available to work scheduled tours designated by the Collective Bargaining Agreement and/or the needs of the business. Associates may be required to work evenings, weekends, holidays, and overtime as the needs of the business necessitate. Non-scheduled days will be required as needs of the business necessitate.
**Candidates must be able to work 40 hours/week. Candidates may be required to work evenings, weekend, holidays, and overtime as the needs of the business require.
**Must pass all critical skills/training which includes but is not limited to Pole Climbing and Outside Plant training.
**Training may require extended, overnight travel.
Verizon Job Fit Test B
Outside Plant Technician SI
Test PreviewTest Previews
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Click here for more info: http://www.verizon.com/about/work/jobs/2458324-outside-technician-line-worker
• Post ID: 61942522 philadelphia