Posted: Friday, February 2, 2018 4:30 PM
Your success is a train ride away.
Amtrak connects businesses and communities across the country and we move America's workforce toward the future. We employ more than 20,000 diverse, energetic professionals in a variety of career fields throughout the United States. The safety of our passengers, our employees, the public and our operating environment is our priority and the success of our railroad is the result of our employees.
Are you ready to join our team?
SUMMARY OF DUTIES
Position leads and advances Engineering Department efforts by providing professional oversight of Equipment Operators and Repairmen for all aspects of surfacing operations as well as working with Division and Equipment managers in implementing the overall Division surfacing effort. Responsible for the development of a comprehensive surfacing strategy for the Sub:Division maintenance programs in the NEC, Hudson, Central Divisions. Coaches and mentors Operators and Repairmen of M/W work equipment including but not limited to surfacing related equipment. Ensures that Operators and Repairmen are familiar with preventative maintenance of assigned heavy off:track equipment and roadway machinery. Manages and implements best practices in safety, quality and production within a defined budget. Consistently seeks to advance work processes to increase production, identifying opportunities to achieve cost savings. Ensures compliance with all Federal and Amtrak rules and regulations. Develops, coaches and mentors Operators and Repairmen to promote safe operating practices and procedures. Builds solid relationships with key Division and Equipment management and strives to align work processes with other Amtrak departments.
- Primarily responsible for coaching and mentoring of Engineering employees on the operation and repair of M/W roadway equipment, focusing on, but not limited to, surfacing operations.
- Work with Division managers to successfully implement the Engineering Department's surfacing efforts by integration of a comprehensive Track surfacing strategy at the Division level.
- Work with Division, Equipment and Logistics management to ensure that all components of a successful track surfacing program are in place including qualified operators and repairmen, equipment and materials.
- Recommend new equipment acquisitions in order to maintain currency with equipment technology updates; coach operators and repairmen in existing and new technology.
- In conjunction with Division and Equipment management develops annual overhaul program for equipment employed in Division surfacing programs.
- Liaison with factory representatives for additional training as required.
- Solve work related problems, teach troubleshooting, make decisions and provide instructions to employees.
- Monitor reports, identify problem areas and provide training as necessary, or develop solutions as required, to address specific problems related to Division surfacing efforts.
- Responsible for ensuring that assigned equipment is safe to operate, load tested and complies with Federal Safety Standards. Outfit equipment with necessary apparatus to ensure the safety of the public, employees, and equipment.
- Work with Amtrak Training Department to augment training and mentoring operators and repairmen, ensuring assigned personnel are qualified to operate and maintain the equipment to which they are assigned.
- Performance measurements to be joint with Equipment and Division management on safety, equipment reliability, feet surfaced and quality of surfacing as measured by a reduction of in:track defects as well as insulated joint failures and switch operating rod adjustments.
- Demonstrated of supervisory experience required in production rail operations, equipment (hydraulics, pneumatics, electronics) or equivalent fields in the military, as well as operation of surfacing equipment.
- Demonstrated supervisory
• Location: Philadelphia, wilmington
• Post ID: 62106682 philadelphia