|Location||1100 Airport Blvd|
Doylestown, PA 18902
|Base Pay||$12.00 / Hour|
|Other Compensation||Monthly Bonus|
|Employee Type||Regular (Full Time)|
|Job Category||Transporation, Customer Service, General Labor|
|Minimum Experience||1 Year|
|Required Degree||High School|
The Fred Beans Towing department is immediately in need of hiring a full-time Battery Truck Installer.
The Battery Truck Installer will be responsible for safely delivering roadside repair, towing, extrication, accident recovery, and mobile battery installations to our customers, organization, roadside clubs, wholesale accounts, and police. They will have to obey all applicable federal motor carrier regulations, state and local laws, vehicle codes, ordinances and guidelines. Represent the Fred Beans organization in a professional manner at all times and provide our customers and co-workers with quality service, respect, courtesy and understanding at every contact.
Day to day responsibilities of the Battery Installer will include, but not limited, to the following;
- Utilize seat belts, gloves, boots, safety glasses, long pants, hand rails, and any other required personal protective equipment. ANSI class II safety apparel is required whenever personnel is on or along any type of roadway.
- Tow vehicles at the vehicle owners or the police request.
- Service vehicles as needed at the owner’s request. Including perform battery service with diagnostic service, lockout, tire change and fuel delivery.
- Inspect assigned equipment, properly and accurately completing, “Daily Vehicle Inspection Report”, reporting defects to dispatch prior to operating. This must include checking and filling of all fluids.
- Ensure all equipment is neat, clean, free of trash, and organized at all times.
- Retrieve, review, organize, & turn in to clerk, call sheets, directions, and paperwork from customers, outside vendor invoices, toll receipts, and completed invoices.
- Safely, securely, and legally load equipment. Never exceeding equipment ratings.
- Perform quality customer service in order to maintain a positive relationship.
- Collect as required payment for services, and product, from customer.
- Complete battery warranty transactions within the requirements of our distributor.
- Record on “Daily Driver Log” all required information including, name, date, equipment #, fuel readings, scheduled shift start & end times, actual punch in & out times, invoice #, Po #, Customer, vehicle type, call type, tow destination, total cost, money collected, and any additional notes.
- At the end of scheduled shift after all paperwork is completed, verify with dispatch that you can leave.
Requirements for the Battery Truck Installing position include the following;
- Must be 21 years of age. (DOT requirement for operating interstate)
- Must possess a valid driver’s license, from current state of residence.
- Submit to a drug screen and DOT physical.
- Ability to read maps, call sheets, and price sheets.
- Apply basic mathematical calculations to transactions involving US currency.
- Legibly and accurately complete all required forms and invoices.
• Post ID: 60827802 philadelphia