Posted: Thursday, February 8, 2018 12:25 AM
Requisition ID: 39144
Job Function/Category: 55601
Employment Type: Exempt Full Time
This is an exciting time to be joining PSEG. Our commitments, which include safety, integrity, customer focus, and diversity and inclusion, are the fabric of our culture and help drive the success of our business. We are fortunate to have an outstanding workforce of diverse and highly skilled talent who move us forward in our operational excellence journey. PSEG has more than 12,000 employees who are dedicated to the communities we serve and embody our vision: People providing Safe, Reliable, Economic and Greener Energy
This position is accountable for ensuring an accurate assessment of performance of the Maintenance and Work Management departments for Hope Creek and Salem Stations. The assessor will work hand in hand with the Maintenance and Work Management CFAM to determine gaps to excellence and oversee gap closure plans. Provide the CNO an accurate and comprehensive picture of nuclear operations for PSEG Nuclear. Assess plant performance in functional and cross:functional areas.
Focused ability to evaluate principles and identify performance gaps contributing to plant operational focus. Elements include:
* Station personnel and programs are aligned to identify and prioritize the resolution of operational
* The plant operational risk associated with equipment removed from service or degraded and from
planned plant activities is maintained low. Inadvertent operational events are prevented through
planning, preparation, controls, contingencies, and communication.
* Organizational roles, responsibilities, processes, procedures, and infrastructure are established
such that unexpected operational conditions are managed promptly and safely
Support the areas of operations, maintenance, organizational effectiveness and support organizations including radiation protection, training and emergency preparedness for Nuclear.
Perform evaluations and assist visits
* Interface with station management
* Perform interviews to gather/analyze technical data, identify trends, and develop logical
* Develop strengths and identify AFIs and program deficiencies
* Judge significance and scope of above
* Lead/coach/supervise other evaluators and give feedback to peers and trainees
* Make presentations regarding team conclusions
* Observe plant activities
Proven written technical written skills that serve to produce area performance summaries, strengths, areas for improvement including detailed causes, contributors and insights.
Essential competencies: analyze issues, use sound judgment, manage conflict, influence Others, build relationships, demonstrate adaptability, listen to others, speak with impact, write effectively, apply technical/functional expertise.
Responsible for performing independent /assessment in operations for Nuclear.
* Drives station and personnel performance improvement through identification of gaps to excellence
* Fully understands and emulates station standards for Maintenance and Work Management excellence.
* In:depth capability to analyze data and create team focus areas based on performance objectives and criteria, operating experience, lessons learned operational excellence outcomes, NRC PIs, inspection reports, NSRB reports, Plant Information Center, Events, INPO Department warning flags, previous evaluations, and team information request information.
Providing oversight to ensure that all department gaps to industry excellence have focused action plans that performance gaps are closed within an acceptable timeframe.
Required: Bachelors degree in a related science or a minimum of 10 years of experience in commercial nuclear operations, with at least 5 years in supervision / management in Maintenance. This position requires a strong foundation in Maintenance and Work Management processes and standards
• Location: Philadelphia
• Post ID: 62140362 philadelphia