Senior Scientist, Computational Chemistry - Johnson & Johnson (Spring House, Pennsylvania)
Posted: Friday, February 9, 2018 7:58 PM
Janssen Research & Development, a Johnson & Johnson Company is recruiting for a Senior Scientist, Computational Chemistry to be located Spring House, Pennsylvania
The Lead Discovery organization within Janssen R&D is continuing to build key scientific expertise in screening, pharmacology and chemistry to partner closely with therapeutic area scientists to develop transformational new medicines in the areas of Oncology, Immunology, Neuroscience, Cardiovascular, and Infectious Diseases. We are seeking outstanding drug discovery scientists to join our team to bring their expertise to exciting efforts in novel areas of drug discovery.
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, what matters most is helping people live full and healthy lives. We focus on treating, curing and preventing some of the most devastating and complex diseases of our time. And we pursue the most promising science, wherever it might be found.
The Senior Scientist will apply computational methods, including structure-based drug design, homology modeling, QSAR, ligand/receptor docking, molecular dynamics, quantum methods and diversity/similarity analysis, in the design of individual molecules and libraries to advance various drug discovery projects. You will participate in multi-disciplinary teams including chemists, biologists, and structural biologists providing key expertise in the use and interpretation of structural data related to drug targets and their ligands/inhibitors. You will be responsible for:
- Execution of sophisticated experiments using advanced computational techniques on UNIX-based computer workstations.
- Clear communication of the results of computational experiments and interpretations of structure to team members facilitating the discovery of new drugs is expected.
- Development of novel computational methods to address key drug discovery questions.
- A minimum of a PhD in Computational Science or related discipline is required
- A minimum of 5 yearsâ experience in the application of computational chemistry tools to drug discovery is required.
- Familiarity with one or more standard computational chemistry packages (Maestro/Schrodinger, MOE/Chemical Computing Group, OpenEye tools) is expected.
- Ability to script work flows and implement new algorithms is preferred.
- Experience working with multi-disciplinary teams is required
- Excellent communication skills are required.
- Experience with fragment-based ligand design is preferred.
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies are equal opportunity employers, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
United States-Pennsylvania-Spring House
Janssen Research & Development, LLC. (6084)
Click here for more info: https://jnjc.taleo.net/careersection/2/jobdetail.ftl?job=9982170908&lang=en
• Location: Philadelphia
• Post ID: 62339867 philadelphia