Posted: Tuesday, March 14, 2017 9:28 AM
Job Title: Referral Processor
Location: Christiana Tower : E
City, State: Newark, Delaware
Christiana Care Health System is a non:for:profit, health system which includes two hospitals with more than 1,100 patient beds, a home health care service, preventive medicine, rehabilitation services, and a network of primary care physicians and an extensive range of outpatient services.
Christiana Care Health System is currently seeking a Referral Processor to support our Vascular Specialty Practice.
Schedule: Hours are 8:00am:4:30p Monday:Friday at Christiana Hospital located in the Vascular suite.
* Office visit and testing referrals and authorizations
* VIR procedure authorizations and appeals
* Vascular Surgery testing and procedure/surgery authorizations
* Insurance verification for daily OV in Sorian
* Answering phones and routing appropriately
* Work closely with the Admitting and HVIS department to insure all proper authorizations are received prior to procedures
* Provide coverage for check in/ checkout for department as needed
* Discuss insurance questions with patients and help resolve issues
Education and Requirements:
* High school diploma required
* Experience working is a healthcare setting is preferred
* Knowledge of referral and authorization processes is required
* Knowledge of Sorian and Power chart applications is a plus.
* Knowledge of insurance sites like Navinet, Emdeon and private payer websites a plus.
* A working knowledge of CPT and ICD10 coding is required
Work Shift: Day shift, No Rotation
Position Type: Clerical or Administrative
Job Requisition : 40928BR
About Us: Christiana Care Health System is an equal opportunity employer, firmly committed to prohibiting discrimination, whose staff is reflective of its community and considers qualified applicants for open positions without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity or expression, age, veteran status, disability, pregnancy, citizenship status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state, or local law.
If you require reasonable accommodation for a position, our Human Resources Service Center at or
Our Employee Welcome Center is open Monday through Friday, from 8:00 am to 4:30 pm to assist you in person with our application process.
• Location: Philadelphia
• Post ID: 37592480 philadelphia