Posted: Tuesday, March 14, 2017 9:25 AM
Job Title: Office Assistant: Float
Location: Satellite : Other
City, State: Newark, Delaware
The Medical Group Outpatient Practices are in search of an Office Assistant to join their Float Pool
This position will support multiple primary care and specialty care practices throughout Delaware. Sites are as far south Smyrna and as far north as North Wilmington. Position may also support practice sites in Concord, PA, Carneys Point, NJ, and Woodstown, NJ. Must be flexible in driving to different locations to support these practices.
Flexibility in hours required. Work schedule may be between the hours 7:30 a.m. to 8:00 p.m.
Christiana Care is a major teaching hospital and is recognized as a regional center for excellence in cardiology, cancer, and womens health services. The system is home to Delawares only Level I trauma center, the only center of its kind between Philadelphia and Baltimore. Christiana Care also features a Level 3 neonatal intensive care unit, the only delivering hospital in the state to offer this level of care for newborns. A not:for:profit, non:sectarian health system, Christiana Care includes two hospitals with more than 1,100 patient beds, a home health care service, preventive medicine, rehabilitation services, a network of primary care physicians and an extensive range of outpatient services.
* Receives and responds to all incoming calls
* Schedule appointments according to guidelines
* Process phone notes
* Interviews patients to collect required demographic and financial information.
* Codes and enters information into the system.
* Identify and analyze account discrepancies.
* Greet patient upon arrival and interview in a professional manner check insurance cards and collects co pays prior to patient appointment
* Assists patients with picking up prescriptions, referrals, work notes etc....
* Performs other responsibilities as assigned
* High school graduate or equivalent.
* Customer Service experience
* Computer and key boarding skill required
* An equivalent combination of education and experience may be substituted.
* Knowledge of medical terminology
* Knowledge of physician office systems and practices
* Knowledge of computer skills and key boarding
* Excellent oral and written communication skills
* Ability to maintain patient confidential information
* Ability to exercise judgment, tact and diplomacy
* Ability to handle irate callers, defusing the situate and when to elevate to the next level
* Ability to display excellent customer service
Work Shift: Day shift, No Rotation
Position Type: Clerical or Administrative
Job Requisition : 40930BR
About Us: Christiana Care Health System is an equal opportunity employer, firmly committed to prohibiting discrimination, whose staff is reflective of its community and considers qualified applicants for open positions without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity or expression, age, veteran status, disability, pregnancy, citizenship status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state, or local law.
If you require reasonable accommodation for a position, our Human Resources Service Center at or
Our Employee Welcome Center is open Monday through Friday, from 8:00 am to 4:30 pm to assist you in person with our application process.
• Location: Philadelphia
• Post ID: 37592483 philadelphia