Posted: Tuesday, March 14, 2017 8:34 AM
Job Title: Medical Assistant : Outpatient
Location: Satellite : Other
City, State: Newark, Delaware
Christiana Care Health System is in search of a Float Medical Assistant for a full time opportunity that will support the Medical Group in various locations as listed above.
This position will support multiple primary care and specialty care practices throughout Delaware. Sites are as far south as Smyrna and as far north as North Wilmington. Position may also support practice sites in Concord, PA, Carneys Point, NJ, and Woodstown, NJ. Must be flexible in driving to different locations to support these practices.
*Flexibility in hours required. Work schedule may be between the hours 7:30 a.m. to 8:00 p.m.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Takes and records patients vital signs
* Assists providers in examinations or procedures
* Prepares patient chart
* Administers injections and medication prescribed and directed by the provider.
* Performs EKG's
* Answers telephone messages under the direction of the provider
* Process patient referrals
* Applies ICD9 and CPT 4 codes for billing purposes
* Assures adequate coverage within unit due to staff shortage
* Functions as a liaison between patients, physicians and staff to provide accurate communication
* Sterilizes medical instruments
* Order unit supplies
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
* High School Graduate or Equivalent
* Completion of Medical Assistant course through a school that has been accredited by either CAAHEP or ABHES; OR possess current MA Certification through a national organization accredited by the National Commission for Certifying Agencies (NCCA) or the American National Standards Institute (ANSI).
* Two years of experience as a Medical Assistant is preferred
* Knowledge to take and record vital signs
* Ability to assist providers with examinations and procedures
* Knowledge of medical terminology
* Knowledge of managed care insurance
* Knowledge of current ICD and CPT coding requirements
Work Shift: Day shift, No Rotation
Position Type: Clerical or Administrative
Job Requisition : 40931BR
About Us: Christiana Care Health System is an equal opportunity employer, firmly committed to prohibiting discrimination, whose staff is reflective of its community and considers qualified applicants for open positions without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity or expression, age, veteran status, disability, pregnancy, citizenship status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state, or local law.
If you require reasonable accommodation for a position, our Human Resources Service Center at or
Our Employee Welcome Center is open Monday through Friday, from 8:00 am to 4:30 pm to assist you in person with our application process.
• Location: Philadelphia
• Post ID: 37593007 philadelphia