Posted: Friday, February 9, 2018 8:43 PM
Janssen Scientific Affairs, L.L.C, a member of Johnson and Johnson's Family of Companies is recruiting for a Director, Medical Affairs, Dermatology to be located in Horsham, PA.
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, what matters most is helping people live full and healthy lives. We focus on treating, curing and preventing some of the most devastating and complex diseases of our time. And we pursue the most promising science, wherever it might be found. ã
Janssen Scientific Affairs, LLC is dedicated to providing medical information and consultative support to the Janssen pharmaceutical companies.
We are Janssen. Our mission drives us. Our patients inspire us. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it.
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
As a part of Medical Affairs Immunology, the Director of Medical Affairs Dermatology will lead cross-functional teams to design and execute Phase IIIb/IV trials and other post-marketing requirements within Janssen 's current or emerging indications in the dermatology disease area. In addition, the incumbent will be responsible for developing, coordinating and executing the Therapeutic Area strategic plan for Medical Affairs.
The Director of Medical Affairs Dermatology will:
- Work with the Dermatology Therapeutic Area Lead, as well as other individuals within Medical Affairs and other functional areas within J&J, as necessary, to facilitate research expanding the knowledge of all Janssen marketed products for immune disease.
- Collaborate with external investigators and thought leaders; serve as a liaison between company and clinical investigators and thought leaders, and develop credible relationships with thought leaders, medical directors, and key regulatory officials.
- Provide subject matter expertise and function as US medical representative with internal stakeholders across multiple functional areas including marketing and sales, health economics and outcomes research, MSLs, and medical information.
- Provide US medical input to R&D including input into design of R&D clinical trials and presentations and publications.
- Help develop and execute Medical Affairs sponsored and supported clinical programs by taking the lead in study design, protocol development, execution, and supervision of clinical studies in the dermatology therapeutic area.
- Directly supervise and monitor trial conducts as well as work closely with other Medical Affairs medical monitor physicians to assure consistency of conduct across trials.
- Work closely with the Clinical Scientists, Program Management and GCDO to manage trial operations and provide program leadership; be prepared to quickly identify trial conduct and logistical problems and provide solutions to rectify the issues.
- Be responsible for medical monitoring/reporting and company safety officer activities.
- Write as well as provide editorial comments for phase IV clinical study reports and manuscripts.
Qualifications for the Director include:
- You are required to have a MD/DO in Dermatology.
- Excellent interpersonal and public speaking skills are required for this high visibility position.
- Experience interacting with healthcare professionals and other thought leaders is a strong asset.
- Experience in clinical trial design and clinical data interpretation is strongly preferred.
- Experience in scientific investigation into mechanisms of immunological disease would be an asset.
- Evidence of strong scientific writing skills and analytical thinking is needed.
- Strong leadership skills and the ability to influence is necessary.
- Experience interacting with global regulatory authorities is also desirable.
- Up to 25% annual travel (domestic and international) is required for this position.
Janssen Scientific Affairs, LLC (6120)
Click here for more info: https://jnjc.taleo.net/careersection/2/jobdetail.ftl?job=3229170609&lang=en
• Location: Philadelphia
• Post ID: 62339722 philadelphia