Posted: Friday, May 12, 2017 12:19 PM
Janssen Research & Development, L.L.C., a division of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies is recruiting for an Scientist, located in Malvern, PA.
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, what matters most is helping people live full and healthy lives. We focus on treating, curing and preventing some of the most devastating and complex diseases of our time. And we pursue the most promising science, wherever it might be found.
Janssen Research & Development, LLC discovers and develops innovative medical solutions to address important unmet medical needs in oncology, immunology, neuroscience, infectious diseases and vaccines, and cardiovascular and metabolic diseases. Please visit http://www.janssenrnd.com/ for more information.
We are Janssen. Our mission drives us. Our patients inspire us. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it.
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
The successful candidate will work in Drug Product Development (DPD) department. The incumbent will develop, design and perform process development work to support novel formulations activities. The incumbent will design and execute experiments in support of formulation development of biologic drug candidates. He/she will propose and develop models that not only explain observed results but also predict selected protein behaviors. He/she will actively contribute to innovation efforts (e.g. new technologies) in supporting manufacturing and stabilization of proteins and large molecules. He/she will participate in a cross-functional team. The successful candidate witll design workflows and studies, collect, record, and interpret data appropriately. Data will be presented at internal and external meetings. The candidate will be capable of training and mentoring other personnel on techniques and equipment. He/she will write technical memos with minimal review and keep abreast of scientific developments in relevant fields. New concepts and technologies learned in this way will be introduced into the workflow.
Process development studies will include:
- Determination and characterization of process parameters associated with liquid and lyophilized operations
- Application of suitable scaledown models representative of the largescale process will be a key activity in this role.
- Translate lab scale data into viable manufacturing process parameters - these will become the basis for clinical manufacturing process instructions and Process Validation.
Formulation studies will include:
- Rational formulation design/selection plus a variety of characterization studies relevant to the stage of development
- Interpret relevant analytical data to drive formulation selection and characterization decisions
- Ph.D. in Chemistry or a related Scientific or Engineering discipline with less than 1 year relevant experience is required
- Postdoctoral fellowship experience is preferred
- Deep knowledge of thermodynamics is required
- Strong knowledge of organic chemistry (small and/or large molecules) is required
- Deep knowledge of physical chemistry is strongly preferred
- Knowledge and experience in ICP-MS (MALDI-TOF, QQQ, Collision Cell, Reaction Cell) is preferred
- Knowledge and experience fluorescence spectroscopy development is strongly preferred
- Basic protein analytical knowledge and experience with a variety of standard protein analytical methods (e.g. HPLC, SDS-PAGE, cIEF, A280, and particle methods) is preferred
Janssen Research & Development, LLC. (6084)
Click here for more info: https://jnjc.taleo.net/careersection/2/jobdetail.ftl?job=0638170509&lang=en
• Location: Philadelphia
• Post ID: 39792633 philadelphia