Scientific Director, Clinical Pathologist - Johnson & Johnson (Spring House, Pennsylvania)
Janssen Research & Development, LLC ., a division of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies is recruiting for a Scientific Director located in Spring House, PA.
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, what matters most is helping people live full and healthy lives. We focus on treating, curing and preventing some of the most devastating and complex diseases of our time. And we pursue the most promising science, wherever it might be found.
Janssen Research & Development, LLC discovers and develops innovative medical solutions to address important unmet medical needs in oncology, immunology, neuroscience, infectious diseases and vaccines, and cardiovascular and metabolic diseases. Please visit http://www.janssenrnd.com/ for more information.
We are Janssen. Our mission drives us. Our patients inspire us. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it.
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
The Scientific Director will provide scientific review of clinical pathology data to ensure timely delivery, meet the agreed metrics and timeliness for completing interpretation and reporting of Clinical Pathology data from Toleration Studies, Outsourced GLP Studies and studies from Discovery Projects, Biologics Toxicology, 6 Therapeutic Areas, Investigative & Mechanistic Toxicology and Janssen supported Safety Biomarker Initiatives. In addition, provide insights and identify the scientific and technical resources needed to develop novel translational safety biomarker assays that may be required for both discovery and development projects within the space from Lead Optimization to clinical studies. Work collaboratively globally, within the Clinical Pathology group to strengthen the scientific and technical expertise in new technologies which include Immunoassays and Flow Cytometry. Well-rounded knowledge and demonstrated competence in all aspects of Clinical Pathology (Hematology, Clinical Chemistry, Urinalysis) with recognized expertise, experience and knowledge with data driven approach to initiate hypothesis-testing aimed at resolving pre-clinical or clinical issues of safety concern that could impede progression of drug candidates. As a Scientific Director you will:
- Provide scientific leadership globally to the Clinical Pathology Lab groups and through collaboration with Investigative & Mechanistic Toxicology, others groups within PD&S, Therapeutic Area & Drug Discovery Teams
- Provide well-written concise Clinical Pathology reports that accurately and completely reflects the data collected and the significance/impact on candidate drug development, drug registration and human safety
- Review study protocols and make recommendations regarding the design of the clinical pathology portions of toxicology studies
- Support drug discovery and development globally by contributing knowledge and scientific expertise to understanding potential mode of action for toxicity in pre-clinical studies that includes scientific input in the design and conduct of toxicology experiments that focus on characterizing the safety of novel therapeutic utilizing both routine/novel clinical pathology endpoints for translational safety monitoring
- Globally collaborate with Pathologists and other scientists in the design, interpretation and communication of study findings and provide the appropriate context of the data and its impact on the discovery program as well as clinical development
- Active participation on the Global Safety Biomarker Steering Committee to help drive scientific and technical support to the End-to-End approach for Safety Biomarker Assays development to resolve issues of target organ related toxicity
- Using innovative clinical pathology-based approaches and techniques contribute to the identification of new âsafetyâ biomarkers and assist in the design and execution of appropriate qualification and validation criteria
- Develop collaborative partnerships to exploit the use and application of innovative platforms and technologies aimed at improving pre-clinical to clinical translation of Safety Biomarkers
- DVM (equivalent) AND PhD (will consider someone that will be receiving PhD by August 2018) with at least 3 years of experience of clinical pathology experience is required
- Board certified by European/American College of Veterinary Pathologists (ECVP or ACVP) is required
- Excellent written, communication skills and recognized knowledge and expertise in the field of clinical pathology is required
- A solid scientific publication record is required
- Current working knowledge and experience in the field of pre-clinical GLP toxicological pathology/clinical pathology is preferred
United States-Pennsylvania-Spring House
Janssen Research & Development, LLC. (6084)
Click here for more info: https://jnjc.taleo.net/careersection/2/jobdetail.ftl?job=6619171211&lang=en
• Post ID: 60637772 philadelphia