Industry: Travel/Tourism/Hospitality - CVBs
Job Type: Full-Time
Job Duration: Indefinite
Min Education: BA/BS/Undergraduate
Min Experience: 5-7 Years
Required Travel: 10-25%
Philadelphia Convention and Visitors Bureau
International Communications Manager
Division/Department: Marketing & Communications Department
Reports to: Director of Communications
FLSA Status: Exempt
Reporting to the Director of Communications, the International Communications Manager will be responsible for the design and implementation of public relations and communications programs required to support the efforts of the PHLCVB Global Tourism division and its seven international partner agencies. In addition, this position supports corporate communications/community engagement efforts as it relates to the PHLCVB international efforts. This position is an integral part of the Marketing and Communications department whose primary responsibility is the promotion of the PHLCVB in its role to continue to enhance Philadelphia’s brand as a global destination and increase visitation from within the meetings, convention, overseas international and domestic group leisure travel segments. Earned media placements, brand impressions and digital traffic are all target metrics of this position.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Preserve, promote, and strengthen relationships with overseas international media through a variety of media relations tactics including hosting press familiarization tours, attending international trade show media marketplaces and regularly pitching international media.
- Serves as the primary PHLCVB contact for all international media.
- Develops and provides on-the-ground support for all overseas international media press tours.
- Serves as a liaison to and manager of the international representation firms on public relations and communications programs.
- Develops targeted press releases and pitches on a regular basis, including stories for international news outlets (working with the international representation firms).
- Fulfills media requests and arranges interviews for the PHLCVB President & CEO and the Executive Director of Tourism with overseas international media.
- Attends various international media marketplaces, specifically those at ITB Berlin, IMM Ireland and at IPW (U.S. location, changes annually). Travel is estimated at approximately 20 days/year (subject to change)
International Representation Firm Management:
Works with the public relations account manager at each international representation firm to help develop strategies and tactics aimed at increasing exposure for Philadelphia as a destination, while also ensuring that plans are integrated into sales and marketing efforts.
- Works with the public relations account manager at each firm to monitor, measure and report social media and earned media activity within each target market area.
- Manages the international press release process, including writing, reviewing and distributing all press releases/media advisories or manages process with international rep firms.
Public Relations Planning and Tracking:
Working closely with the Director of Communications and the Executive Director of Global Tourism, develop a communications plan for the overseas international efforts.
- Develops and maintains the international PR calendar and coordinates with domestic press strategies as needed and when appropriate.
- Monitors and reports on press activity, provides monthly reports and insights to internal PHLCVB teams as well as to key external partners.
- Collaborate with the PHLCVB marketing team to develop public relations campaigns to complement paid advertising strategies in target markets.
- Support marketing efforts in the creation of international sales support materials by providing assistance with content development as needed.
PHLCVB Organizational Relevancy:
Assist the Director of Communications with the development and implementation of programs within the following areas designed to enhance the PHLCVB organization’s position and relevancy, and support the goals regarding the growth of overseas international visitation and local partner membership:
- Educate the local community on the importance of the PHLCVB’s overseas international efforts
- Assist the Communications team with the development of a marketing and communications plan for the PHLCVB corporate mission.
- Assist the Content Manager with maintaining the overseas international market pages, PHLCVB corporate relevancy information and membership promotional pages.
- Development of story ideas and content, including images, videos, social media messaging, for outgoing PHLCVB communications to clients, stakeholders and members.
This job description is not intended to be all inclusive. You will perform other reasonable related duties as assigned by your immediate supervisor(s). The administration reserves the right to change or revise the job duties and responsibilities as the need arises.
Bachelor’s degree in related field from a four year college or university required; five or more years of professional experience in international public relations, experience within the tourism industry is a plus. Proficiency in a foreign language preferred.
- Knowledge about Philadelphia including, history, hotels, attractions and special events
- Excellent writing and editing skills a must.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills; strong attention to detail and ability to follow through.
- Ability to strategically plan and schedule more than 12 months in advance and adhere to set schedules.
- Understanding of web and print publishing processes.
- Ability to create, edit and run PowerPoint Presentations.
- Ability to communicate and work well with others in a team-oriented, professional office environment.
- Ability to travel internationally is required and proof of a valid passport is required.
- Ability to work nights and weekends is a must.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and meet deadlines.
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office products.
Contact Person: Edwina White
Email Address: email@example.com
• Post ID: 63062537 philadelphia