DePuy Synthes, a member of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies, is recruiting for Group Manager in the Trauma R&D department located in West Chester, PA.
DePuy Synthes Companies of Johnson & Johnson is the largest, most innovative and comprehensive orthopaedic and neurological business in the world. DePuy Synthes Companies offers an unparalleled breadth and depth of products, services and programs in the areas of joint reconstruction, trauma, spine, sports medicine, neurological, craniomaxillofacial, power tools and biomaterials. Our focus is on activating insights to develop innovative, comprehensive solutions, to advance patient care.
Overall management of a specific market, product line, business segment or clinical group. Responsibilities include all aspects of New Product Development, Product Line Management, Market/Faculty Development and Key Surgeon/Sales Support related to Group. Responsibilities include management and development of a staff of R&D Engineers.
- Manage and direct a cross functional team in new product development activities specific to the group, including new idea review and management recommendation, concept and design development, technique development, project management and market introduction.
- Manages the existing product line specific to the Group, including recommendations for product line extensions and/or line trimming, forecasting, pricing strategies, literature/video/sales support materials, manufacturing support and customer service/operations support.
- Works to assure that the company maximizes and optimizes its performance in the specific segment through identification of market trends, competitive activities and business opportunities, and through the effective development and presentation of strategic, market and product development plans.
- Understands and follows the New Product Development process accurately and maintains high quality design validation and verifications.
- Actively investigates ways to improve the New Product Development process to simply the method and shorten time to market.
- Works to assure that the group is in a position of clinical and technical leadership relative to the competition through extensive field visits with key surgeons and sales consultants, regular review of the literature, participation at key meetings and conferences, and development of close professional relationships.
- Works to assure that the group provides ongoing, high quality sales support in terms of new product/market introductions, sales training programs, key surgeon/key account field visits and regular communication, both responsive as well as proactive.
- Works to achieve the sales and operating profit objectives of the company.
- Average travel requirement is approximately 30%.
- Know and follow all laws and policies that apply to one's job, and maintain the highest levels of professionalism, ethics and compliance at all times.
- Diligently participate in our compliance program-related activities as denoted by your supervisor or our Chief Compliance Officer.
- Promote and nurture the highest standards of professionalism, ethics and compliance, and actively support our compliance program-related initiatives and activities.
- Consistently enforce employee compliance, including attendance at training programs, and promptly report any non-compliance to the Chief Compliance Officer.
- Bachelor Degree in Mechanical Engineering or related field is required.
- A Masterâs degree is preferred.
- 8 years of relevant experience is required.
- Product management / product development experience in the medical, biomechanical or mechanical product fields is required.
- Experience and proven accomplishments in project management/leadership skills is required.
- New product development experience is required
- Experience in medical device industry and knowledge of Regulatory Design Controls is highly preferred.
- Effective product development and project management skills and experience in working with manufacturing, operations, regulatory, clinical affairs are required, finance and sales management skills preferred
- Solid understanding of overall market analysis, planning, development and management is required
- Sound clinical understanding of surgery and the operating room environment is preferred.
- Experience in identifying user needs (VOC), mechanical design principles and material selection is required
- Ability to verify and validate design concepts, and understanding design failure modes is required.
- Must demonstrate a strong initiative and follow through in executing project responsibilities, overcoming obstacles and balancing multiple priorities effectively through strong technical and/or project leadership experience.
- Proficiency utilizing the MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.) is required.
- Up to 25% domestic and international travel is required.
Do you strive to join an outstanding team that is dynamic and ever-changing? Is career growth and opportunity appealing to you? Apply to this opportunity today.
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies are equal opportunity employers, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
United States-Pennsylvania-West Chester
Synthes USA Products, LLC (6317)
R&D Engineering (R&D)
Click here for more info: https://jnjc.taleo.net/careersection/2/jobdetail.ftl?job=4512180227&lang=en
• Post ID: 64172127 philadelphia