Janssen Research & Development, LLC, a member of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies is recruiting for a Director, Project Portfolio Management. This position will be located in Spring House, PA and may require up to 25% domestic and international travel.
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, what matters most is helping people live full and healthy lives. We focus on treating, curing and preventing some of the most devastating and complex diseases of our time. And we pursue the most promising science, wherever it might be found.
Janssen Research & Development, LLC discovers and develops innovative medical solutions to address important unmet medical needs in oncology, immunology, neuroscience, infectious diseases and vaccines, and cardiovascular and metabolic diseases. Please visit http://www.JanssenRnD.com for more information.
We are Janssen. Our mission drives us. Our patients inspire us. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it.
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
The Director, Project Portfolio Management will have the overall responsibility to refine and lead the EBIS Project Portfolio Management Office. This includes defining, implementing, maintaining and continuously improving project standards, processes, metrics, and best practices in order to deliver projects according to plan and within budget. Working with Business Partners, EBIS, IT and Finance he/she will be responsible for coordinating the business planning and prioritization process, as well as execution, tracking and reporting of same. The Director will be responsible to:
- Ensure EBIS wide adoption of the Project Portfolio Management processes and associated infrastructure, maximizing our ability to align our customersâ needs with the resources to deliver. Provide regular updates and insights to the EBIS and GCDO leadership team of the status of projects/initiatives, highlighting operational or technical roadblocks and proposing potential solutions that will assist in removing same.
- Lead, manage and develop a high functioning diverse team and to build a department to enable industry-leading Project and Portfolio Management, with a focus on delivering value for stakeholders
- Contribute to long term strategy, overseeing the development, monitoring and reporting on successful execution of annual goals and objectives of EBIS in line with GCDO and R&D Operations (RDO) imperatives
- Assume the role of Program/Project Director for specific, high priority programs/projects; performing a single role across the business to ensure successful delivery and business outcomes realization
- This individual will be a member of the core EBIS Senior Leadership Team
- Establishing an internal and external benchmarking network facilitating the distillation of best practice from leading organization externally while also identifying best practice from internal teams within J&J
- This individual will also participate in Janssen GCDO and Johnson & Johnson Clinical Operations initiatives as assigned
- A minimum of a Bachelorâs degree is required
- An advanced degree (e.g. Masterâs, PhD, etc.) is preferred
- A minimum of 8 years relevant Pharmaceutical/Healthcare experience , working at the interface between systems and business is required
- A minimum of 3 years of experience leading individuals and teams with a proven track record in developing talent is required
- Proven matrix leadership experience with strong influencing and negotiating skills is required
- Technical expertise, preferably in pharmaceutical clinical operations, with experience gained through working with diverse and complex business processes and associated systems infrastructures is preferred
- Ability to translate and influence business requirements against existing project management capabilities whilst also identifying capabilities challenges and necessary solutions to ensure realistic planning and resource allocation is preferred
- A proven record in shaping and delivering key programs that optimized performance and delivered project support in matrix environments is preferred
- Experience in the establishment and implementation of a project management framework for managing complex system capability projects is preferred
- Project Management Certification is preferred
- Ability to travel up to 25% of time (Domestic/International) is required
United States-Pennsylvania-Spring House
Janssen Research & Development, LLC. (6084)
Click here for more info: https://jnjc.taleo.net/careersection/2/jobdetail.ftl?job=3740180216&lang=en
• Post ID: 63730342 philadelphia