Salary InformationWeekly Rate: $471.50 - $865.50
As an Assistant Technician – Temporary Delivery Driver (part-time) you’ll be sorting packages, loading company vehicles and delivering the packaged equipment to customers.Join our team to make a difference, because when all is said and done, better matters.
- Driving company vehicle to travel to work and customer locations.
- Performing work inside and outside. Prioritizing, unloading, maintaining and delivering inventory equipment.
- Moving, loading, unloading both light and heavy material and equipment from vehicles.
- Making scheduled and random deliveries using route sheets and street/road maps.
- Maintaining Driver Operations Log utilizing scanning devices.
- Providing assistance to others by performing such tasks as manhole guard, flag person, rider for security when work load permits.
- Determining tasks, materials, tools, special steps required to complete tasks; developing schedules for completing tasks; adjusting work priorities when problems arise; informing others of arrangements; working with others to make sure that all tasks are completed.
- Determining requirements of products and services; obtaining all information for a project or assignment: researching relevant sources or using other fact-finding methods to gather or clarify information; ensuring that information is both current and relevant; carefully reading work orders, forms, diagrams, and other documents.
- Filing and retrieving information promptly, accurately, and completely; carefully examining and checking forms and files to ensure accuracy and completeness; correcting error and problems; preparing and updating logs, records and files regularly.
- Explaining information in an organized and easy to understand manner; answering questions accurately and giving correct answers and helpful information to others; referring others to appropriate persons of departments.
- Interacting with customers face-to-face upon delivery of packages.
- Must meet required test results for this position in accordance with company policy.
- Must meet Verizon medical standards for the job.
- Must be able to move and/or lift items such as company equipment and other objects weighing up to 70 pounds.
- A valid state driver’s license is required.
- Requires standing or sitting for extended periods of time.
- May require wearing of safety equipment (i.e., goggles, shoes, hard hat) and other special clothing, as required by job assignment.
- Requires working outdoors or in an uncontrolled environment (i.e., no heat or air conditioning).
- Requires travel to all types of localities.
- Must be available to work 20-30 hours per week Monday-Saturday between the hours of 6am-5pm. The scheduled tours are designated by the Collective Bargaining Agreement and/or the needs of the business. May be required to work evenings, weekends, holidays, and overtime as the needs of the business necessitate. Non-scheduled days will be required as needs of the business necessitate.
Assistant Technician SI
Test PreviewTest Previews
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Click here for more info: http://www.verizon.com/about/work/jobs/6456617-assistant-technician-temporary-part-time-delivery-driver
• Post ID: 37279622 philadelphia