Staff Manufacturing Engineer, 3D Printing - Johnson & Johnson (West Chester, Pennsylvania)
DePuy Synthes, a member of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies, is recruiting for a Staff Manufacturing Engineer, 3D Printing to be in West Chester, PA.
DePuy Synthes Companies of Johnson & Johnson is the largest, most innovative and comprehensive orthopaedic and neurological business in the world. DePuy Synthes Companies will offer an unparalleled breadth and depth of products, services and programs in the areas of joint reconstruction, trauma, spine, sports medicine, neurological, craniomaxillofacial, power tools and biomaterials. Building on the legacy and strengths of two great companies, we are creating one organization that will be agile and better equipped in today's evolving health care environment. With a focus on activating insights to develop innovative, comprehensive solutions, we are inspired to advance patient care in greater ways than either company could accomplish on its own.
This role supports manufacturing operations in the areas of process development, tool design, machine programming, machinery & equipment acquisition, manufacturing layout, continuous improvement and other duties associated with engineering support of production.
- Provides direction and technical support in identifying continuous improvements to manufacturing operations and implementing new technologies including development of processes, researching current and emerging technologies and evaluating process quality, cost, capacity and capability alternatives.
- Provides direction in supporting the needs of manufacturing areas in terms of meeting the requirements for quality standards and compliant documentation, capacity, product availability and cost.
- Provides direction and technical support regarding equipment design and development, testing of materials, preparation of specifications and operator instructions, process studies, investigations, root cause analysis, problem solving and report or presentation preparation.
- Performs assignments designed to continue the development of professional work knowledge and abilities requiring application of standard engineering techniques, procedures and criteria in carrying out a sequence of related engineering tasks, project management, statistical analysis and presentation of data and technical writing. Provides technical support and direction across the site and mentors engineering staff.
- Implement design for manufacturability in new process designs to minimise lifecycle cost.
- Conduct detailed product / process design reviews.
- Identify appropriate resources and technical requirements for 3DP NPI projects.
- Direct PFMEA studies and lead risk assessment effort for overall process
- Interface with Global Academic Institutes in 3DP
- Identifies, recommends and implements transformational process opportunities within and across sites. Leads or participates in such projects.
- Identifies, recommends and implements standardization of processes across the business.
- Leads and participates in highly complex engineering projects, either technically or with an extensive cross-functional team. This includes developing and executing to the plan and schedule and meeting the goals and objectives of the project. Tracks costs, prepares status reports, conducts meetings, and documents and communicates progress to management.
- Leads and participates in complex investigations, develops plans and executes tasks to solve process problems including Nonconformanceâs (NC), complaint investigations, audit observations and Corrective and Preventive Actions (CAPA). Performs analysis and communicates associated trends.
- Provides day to day support and direction to production such as, but not limited to turning, milling, drilling, EDM, finishing, packaging etc. as required.
- Develops process validation strategy for complex processes and writes and executes engineering studies and process validation protocols and summary reports (Installation Qualification, Operation Qualification, Performance Qualification, Computer Software Validation and Test Method Validation).
- Identifies, leads and implements transformational process improvements for existing manufacturing processes utilizing appropriate engineering principles and standard strategies such as, Lean and Six Sigma principles.
- Develops strategy for gage design, measurement system analysis, and gage implementation as required. Is able to use various types of measuring instruments including, micrometers, calipers, comparators, tensile testers, coordinate measurement systems etc. to support engineering testing.
- Develops strategy for fixtures and tool design and can express and implement ideas with tool designers.
- Leads new equipment acquisition efforts including user requirement specifications, machine selection, installation, validation, employee training, and other related equipment responsibilities as required.
- Develops and implements manufacturing and inspection procedures.
- Participates in and leads cross-functional teams which may include, but are not limited to Manufacturing Engineering, Production, Quality Assurance, Finance, Product Development, personnel from other sites and external resources.
- Acts as a liaison to vendors regarding contracted products, tools & fixtures, and their manufacture.
- Identifies and implements improvements to engineering business processes such as configuration management, ERP management, maintenance tracking, etc.
- Participates or leads internal or external technical committees in the development of standards related to manufacturing such as processes, DFMA, equipment, testing.
- Performs other related duties, as required.
- Bachelor of Science Degree from accredited institution in Manufacturing Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Industrial Engineering, or a related degree is required.
- Master of Science Degree from an accredited institution in Manufacturing Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Industrial Engineering, or a related degree, preferred.
- A minimum 6 years of experience in manufacturing and/or engineering is required.
- Previous experience working in a regulated industry, such as Medical Device is preferred.
- Six Sigma or Lean Sigma certification or 4 years of experience preferred.
- Experience developing and implementing robust automated manufacturing equipment, preferred.
- Experience with packaging, Laser, and CNC processes and equipment, preferred.
- Demonstrates working knowledge of machine and electrical safety standards, preferred.
- Demonstrates leadership qualities including confidence, transparency, integrity, innovation, passion, patience and tenacity is required.
- Demonstrates strong written, verbal and presentation skills is required.
- Demonstrates strong computer skills, such as the use of Microsoft Office, Minitab, and databases.
- Demonstrates strong organizational and project management skills and are results oriented is required.
- Demonstrates positive interpersonal skills and professional interactions with coworkers is required.
- Demonstrates troubleshooting skills is required.
- This position is day shift but must be willing to support all production shifts.
- May be responsible for the supervision of Engineering Technicians or Interns.
- Participates in the hiring process for Engineering Technicians and Interns.
- This position requires up to 10% of travel domestic and international.
- This position is in West Chester, PA.
United States-Pennsylvania-West Chester
Synthes USA Products, LLC (6317)
Click here for more info: https://jnjc.taleo.net/careersection/2/jobdetail.ftl?job=9310170503&lang=en
• Post ID: 40235708 philadelphia