Employment Status:AF - Active - Regular - Full Time
The Office of Safety and Medical Operations Office Administrator is expected to perform administrative duties of a highly complex nature, including providing administrative support to multiple department Directors and a large team. He/she is responsible for coordinating meetings, and planning, tracking and reporting on multiple and sometimes simultaneous project work, while proactively prioritizing across all work. Must be highly organized and detail oriented with the ability to juggle competing priorities and meet tight timelines. Must manage difficult situations with skill, patience and diplomacy.
- ADMINISTRATIVE SUPPORT. Performs highly complex administrative duties. Coordinates significant internal and external communications and meetings for multiple department Directors Managers and team members, which often include leadership, clinicians and large groups. Additionally provides support to the improvement Manager and improvement team member needs around complex scheduling. Proactively prioritizes requests.
LOGISTICS. In collaboration with other OSMO administrative support, oftentimes serving in a lead role, works on suite operations including, calendars, meeting rooms and supplies. Assists with the organizing, scheduling and coordination of department related meetings and other events to include distribution of invitations/notifications; maintain accurate attendee logs.
DOCUMENTATION. Assists Directors/Managers/team with preparation and publication of various documents, forms, reports, correspondence, graphs, presentations and other related materials.
BUDGET. Processes purchase requisitions and invoices for several department cost centers, and researches any discrepancies. Ensures receipt of purchases, and timely payments. Submits travel and expense reimbursements for Directors as needed.
COMMUNICATIONS. Serves as the first point of contact for incoming phone calls and colleagues and constituents of the Office of Safety & Medical Operations, which requires the highest level of professionalism and courteous customer service. Responds to inquiries; provides information, resolves problems, or refers to others as appropriate. Attends meetings, serves on committees, provides updates as requested.
TRACKING AND REPORTING. Supports various high profile projects that include compiling information, tracking status, managing to a timeline, providing updates, navigating barriers and escalating as needed.
Other duties as assigned.
Job Responsibilities (Continued)
Job Responsibilities (Continued)
Required Licenses, Certifications, Registrations
Required Education and Experience
HS Diploma or GED
Bachelors degree preferred.
Experience working in a healthcare environment desired.
Preferred Education, Experience & Cert/Lic
Additional Technical Requirements
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to be pro-active in following up on projects and tasks.
- Excellent phone etiquette.
- Ability to handle confidential materials.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions accurately.
- Possesses accurate attention to detail and prioritization.
- Promotes teamwork to achieve CHOPs mission, while understanding and exceeding customer expectations.
All CHOP employees who work in a patient building or who provide patient care are required to receive an annual influenza vaccine unless they are granted a medical or religious exemption.
Children's Hospital of Philadelphia is committed to providing a safe and healthy environment for its patients, family members, visitors and employees. In an effort to achieve this goal, employment at Children's Hospital of Philadelphia, other than for positions with regularly scheduled hours in New Jersey, is contingent upon an attestation that the job applicant does not use tobacco products or nicotine in any form and a negative nicotine screen (the latter occurs after a job offer).
Children's Hospital of Philadelphia is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, religion, national or ethnic origin, disability or protected veteran status.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor/Seeking priority referrals for protected veterans. Please contact our hiring official with any referrals or questions.
CHOP Careers Contact
2716 South Street, 6th Floor
Philadelphia, PA 19146
or contact us at email@example.com
• Post ID: 63777242 philadelphia