Employment Status:AF - Active - Regular - Full Time
Under the direction of a department director, performs advanced secretarial, clerical and administrative services.
- Answers and screen all internal and external calls to determine urgency of the situation and the appropriate next steps within authorized scope of responsibility.
- Accurately records and delivers all telephone messages, detailing callers name, company, phone number, and reason for call.
- Orders, tracks, and distributes office supplies to ensure adequate inventory at all times.
- Manages office orders for the Case Management/Admission Management/Hospital Operators departments.
- Processes incoming/outgoing mail for the department.
- Coordinates and communicates office clean schedules to staff.
- Maintains department email account, checking, forwarding and/or responding to emails daily.
Clerical and Administrative Support
- Assists in the preparation and coordination of meetings, responsibilities including: scheduling, agenda writing, minute-taking, photocopying, and catering requests.
- Prepares PowerPoint presentations, letters, reports, memoranda, and related materials as requested.
- Maintains systems, procedures, and methods for record keeping and accounts reporting.
- Assists with preparation of financial and quality reports.
- Coordinates travel and expense approval through concur.
- Assists on administrative projects as necessary.
- Maintains the departmental vacation calendar, employee directory, and office clean schedule.
- Updates and prepares New Employee Orientation binder for all new hires.
- Collaborates with CHOP departments for all new employee needs, such as Outlook, Network setup, keys, and Ascom phones.
- Provides office orientation and prepares belongings space for all new hires.
Required Licenses, Certifications, Registrations
Required Education and Experience
Required Education: High School/GED
- At least five (5) years of secretarial experience.
- Minimum typing speed of 55-60 wpm.
Additional Technical Requirements
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to be pro-active in following up on projects and tasks.
- Excellent phone etiquette.
- Ability to handle confidential materials.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions accurately.
- Possesses accurate attention to detail and prioritization.
- Promotes teamwork to achieve CHOPs mission, while understanding and exceeding customer expectations.
All CHOP employees who work in a patient building or who provide patient care are required to receive an annual influenza vaccine unless they are granted a medical or religious exemption.
Children's Hospital of Philadelphia is committed to providing a safe and healthy environment for its patients, family members, visitors and employees. In an effort to achieve this goal, employment at Children's Hospital of Philadelphia, other than for positions with regularly scheduled hours in New Jersey, is contingent upon an attestation that the job applicant does not use tobacco products or nicotine in any form and a negative nicotine screen (the latter occurs after a job offer).
Children's Hospital of Philadelphia is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, religion, national or ethnic origin, disability or protected veteran status.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor/Seeking priority referrals for protected veterans. Please contact our hiring official with any referrals or questions.
CHOP Careers Contact
2716 South Street, 6th Floor
Philadelphia, PA 19146
or contact us at email@example.com
• Post ID: 60344317 philadelphia