The Medical Secretary is responsible for assisting the physicians of The Center for Fetal Diagnosis and Treatment by taking phone calls, scheduling all appointments, diagnostic testing, administrative support and medical transcription in our electronic medical record.
- Patient scheduling which may include - outpatient appointments, surgical scheduling, radiology testing, etc. ensuring correct provider, location and visit type/procedure are selected.
- Completes accurate registration, verifying current insurance information, correcting discrepancies, discussing any financial obligations patient may be responsible for (ie: co-pay, co-insurance, etc).
- Manages communications between assigned surgeons and PCPs, referring MDs and families.
- Communication methods include EPIC inbox, dictated letters, email and phone calls.
- Coordinates and maintains Outlook and EPIC calendars for assigned providers.
- Manages travel arrangements and processes reimbursements for providers.
- Other administrative support, including but not limited to assisting with renewals of license, DEA and hospital privileges. Updating CVs and CMEs.
Required Education and Experience
Required Education: High School/GED
Required Experience: Minimum 2 years related job experience
Preferred Education, Experience & Cert/Lic
Preferred Education: Associates Degree
Additional Technical Requirements
- EMR experience required EPIC preferred.
- Medical Terminology required.
- Transcription and typing skills required.
- Proven record of outstanding customer service required.
- Must have good organizational skills and be able to maintain confidentiality and professionalism.
- Ability to work independently and distinguish job priority.
- Basic application of computers and Microsoft Applications (i.e. Word and Excel).
or contact us at email@example.com
• Post ID: 60529042 philadelphia