Employment Status:AP - Active - Regular - Part Time
Performs receptionist and clerical duties on inpatient units. Serves as central communication conduit for patients, visitors, and parents, nursing staff, medical staff, other departments. This position covers 5 NICU units and is night shift (40 hours bi-weekly). This requisition is filling multiple positions.
- Accurately and clearly communicates information between and among staff members and patients/families.
- Receives, greets and directs patients, visitors and hospital personnel arriving on or calling the unit. Escorts patients to rooms
- Quickly and accurately communicates patient information to the appropriate team member.
Job Responsibilities (Continued)
- Maintains the daily census sheet and other interdepartmental forms or communication tools.
- Utilizes the TDS System to communicate with other departments regarding patient needs and changes. Initiates work orders for necessary repairs.
- Performs all clerical procedures related to the admission, transfer, discharge and death of patients.
- Receives and distributes mail and other items for patients.
- Maintains patient and MD information boards.
- Follows appropriate channels of communication in the event that a problem or conflict arises. Utilizes resources to pursue resolution of the problem.
- Answers patient call bells or requests and refers the appropriate person to them.
- Communicates with oncoming clerk either verbally or in writing as to the units needs.
- Keeps charge nurse aware of whereabouts, activities, etc.
- Follows unit procedure in emergency situations.
- Floats to other units as needed.
- Maintains the patient medical record and related forms and information in an organized, up to date fashion.
- Assembles and maintains patient records, including chart, bedside records, medication Kardex and census log. Stamps all chart pages with addressograph.
- Transcribes medication orders. Places isolation stickers on charts and isolation signs on doors/beds.
- Enters patient data in the TDS system. Communicates orders to other departments. Places printed order sheets in charts by the end of the shift.
- Monitors the printer and immediately communicates STAT orders to the RN.
- Files diagnostic and laboratory reports in charts within the shift.
- Provides support for patient care activities.
- Orients new staff to the role.
- Attends training for and participates in 1:1 observation of patients assigned.
- On a weekly basis, orders supplies for the nursing station and maintains the station in a neat and orderly manner. Uses the Desktop Delivery system where possible.
Job Responsibilities (Continued)
Required Licenses, Certifications, Registrations
Required Education and Experience
High school diploma or equivalent.
Preferred Education, Experience & Cert/Lic
Clerical course including medical terminology. Computer data entry experience. At least one year of previous clerical experience in a health related field.
Additional Technical Requirements
- Ability to communicate clearly in English, verbally and in writing.
- Good organizational skills.
- Ability to prioritize and organize tasks according to unit needs.
- Ability to establish and maintain good interpersonal relationships.
- Ability to enter data into a computer terminal.
All CHOP employees who work in a patient building or who provide patient care are required to receive an annual influenza vaccine unless they are granted a medical or religious exemption.
Children's Hospital of Philadelphia is committed to providing a safe and healthy environment for its patients, family members, visitors and employees. In an effort to achieve this goal, employment at Children's Hospital of Philadelphia, other than for positions with regularly scheduled hours in New Jersey, is contingent upon an attestation that the job applicant does not use tobacco products or nicotine in any form and a negative nicotine screen (the latter occurs after a job offer).
Children's Hospital of Philadelphia is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, religion, national or ethnic origin, disability or protected veteran status.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor/Seeking priority referrals for protected veterans. Please contact our hiring official with any referrals or questions.
CHOP Careers Contact
2716 South Street, 6th Floor
Philadelphia, PA 19146
or contact us at email@example.com
• Post ID: 60180087 philadelphia