Posted: Wednesday, December 27, 2017 3:21 PM
Employment Status:AF : Active : Regular : Full Time
Job Summary 13;
Responsible for the complete collection of patient referral information for home care services provided to patients/care givers in the home. Coordinates home care services in collaboration with Clinical Managers and Warehouse Supervisor. Communicates and coordinates referral and reorder information with all disciplines as required. Responsible for calling patients/families to arrange for their supply and equipment deliveries. Interacts with hospital and home care staff to assist in the discharge of patient and provide continuum of care from hospital to home.
Job Responsibilities 13;
1. Takes initial intake of referrals to Home Care Department.
* Ensures all required fields are completed on the Intake Referral Form for new referrals to home care.
* Coordinates with schedulers in a prompt manner to obtain availability of start of care. Communicates information to referral source.
* Coordinates with all required disciplines regarding patient referral.
* Verifies physician licensure.
* Collect all required computer generated data and paperwork to complete intake packet and make chart.
* Accurately enters information into appropriate information system.
* Check appropriate information system to obtain /verify patient medical record number.
* Patient charts are then given to appropriate clinician. For supply only, AOB and welcome packet are mailed or sent with order.
* Generate initial pick ticket for patient supplies following standardized templates and clinical feedback.
2. Contact patients/families for their supply reorders for Enteral, Respiratory, and supply only patients.
* Patients are contacted every month for supply order processing and then logged in for their next phone call contact in 4 weeks.
3. Updates patient information and pick tickets on an on:going basis.
* Pick tickets are edited for necessary changes and or address/delivery information. The appropriate information system is updated accordingly.
* Pick tickets are separated and distributed as required. One copy to billing file, the other copy goes to the clinical chart. Pick tickets are put in to be filed bin in medical record room.
* Discharge patients in appropriate information system from service as required.
* Coordinate equipment pick:up with CHHC warehouse and/or Contracted DME vendor.
4. Communicates (through email report) all home care patient hospital admissions and discharges daily.
5. Participates in continuing education programs and in:services.
6. Performs other tasks as determine by the Pharmacy Manager to ensure continued operation of department. 13;
Required Licenses, Certifications, Registrations 13;
Required Education and Experience 13;
:High School Graduate.
:Two (2) years minimum related experience
in medical supply, home health, patient
service and/or customer service work 13;
Additional Technical Requirements 13;
Computer literacy and data entry skills required.
:Strong oral and written communication skills.
:Strong organizational skills. 13;
All CHOP employees who work in a patient building or who provide patient care are required to receive an annual influenza vaccine unless they are granted a medical or religious exemption.
Childrens Hospital of Philadelphia is committed to providing a safe and healthy environment for its patients, family members, visitors and employees. In an effort to achieve this goal, employment at Childrens Hospital of Philadelphia, other than for positions with regularly scheduled hours in New Jersey, is contingent upon an attestation that the job applicant does not use tobacco products or nicotine in any form and a negative nicotine screen (the latter occurs after a job offer).
Childrens Hospital of Philadelphia is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race,
• Location: Philadelphia
• Post ID: 58722087 philadelphia