The Johnson & Johnson Law Department is recruiting for an Administrative Assistant, to support the DePuy Synthes legal team in West Chester, PA.
Caring for the world, one person at a time has inspired and united the people of Johnson & Johnson for over 125 years. We embrace research and science -- bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people. Employees of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies work with partners in health care to touch the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world.
With $76.5 billion in 2017 sales, Johnson & Johnson is the world's most comprehensive and broadly-based manufacturer of health care products, as well as a provider of related services, for the consumer, pharmaceutical, and medical devices markets. There are more than 265 Johnson & Johnson operating companies employing approximately 126,500 people and with products touching the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world. If you have the talent and desire to touch the world, Johnson & Johnson has the career opportunities to help make it happen.
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
This position will provide support to four patent attorneys, a regulatory attorney, a DePuy Synthes board attorney, and a senior contract manager. The position will report to the VP IP Law for DePuy Synthes Trauma, Cranio-Maxillofacial (CMF), Biomaterials and Veterinary. The Administrative Assistant will be responsible for the following:
- Maintain attorneys' and contract managerâs calendars and contacts in Outlook.
- Schedule meetings, including web-based meetings, arrange for conference rooms, including requesting appropriate meals/beverages and equipment needs, as well as preregistering visitors for building security purposes.
- Make copies, email, scan, and/or fax correspondence or other printed matter.
- Electronically file incoming and outgoing correspondence and other documents.
- Prepare Fed Ex/UPS labels for mailings.
- Maintain chronological correspondence files (if applicable), and maintain directories of various documents, as requested.
- Responsible for attorneysâ domestic and international travel arrangements.
- Prepare electronic expense reimbursement requests and submit invoices for payment.
- Handle legal documents of a highly confidential nature.
- Prepare and revise documents, presentations, forms, legal documents, and correspondence.
- Able to handle a workload that may involve critical deadlines.
- Communicate with internal and external contacts.
- Read, prioritize, route and follow-up on incoming communication, e.g., faxes, emails and correspondence.
- Answer telephone calls at attorney's request and give information to callers, route call to appropriate individual, take messages, and place outgoing calls.
- Provide support to paralegals, as appropriate, for patent matters
- Provide research information, including status of applications and patents using Public Patent Application Information Retrieval system (PAIR), the United States Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO) website, and/or the internet, as requested.
- Handle Continuing Legal Education (CLE) registration for attorneys, as well as payment of various attorneys' dues.
- A minimum of a high school diploma.
- An Associate's, Bachelorâs or Masterâs degree is preferred.
- A certificate and/or formalized training as an administrative assistant is preferred.
- A minimum of 7 years of experience in an office support environment is required.
- A minimum of 2 years of experience providing Executive, VP or Senior Director level administrative support is required.
- Prior experience in a corporate law department, law firm, or with legal documents is required.
- Intermediate to Advanced proficient with Microsoft Office Suite Products to including Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Excel is required
- Lexis and other online search tools is preferred
- The ability to effectively prioritize work to meet attorneys' and clients' needs is required
- Individual is required to possess and demonstrate the ability to exercise good judgment, respond well to changing demands and situations, and be a self-starter with the ability to work independently in the absence of the attorneys.
- Excellent communication skills, accuracy and attention to detail are required.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the proven ability to work effectively as a team member is required.
- Flexibility to assist in assigned projects is required.
- Requires strong organizational skills and the proven ability to multitask and prioritize.
- Requires a true team player with the ability to work cooperatively with others.
- Occasional overtime may be required.
- Travel would be minimal. Less than 5% local travel might be required.
United States-Pennsylvania-West Chester
Depuy Orthopaedics. Inc. (6029)
Click here for more info: https://jnjc.taleo.net/careersection/2/jobdetail.ftl?job=4861180302&lang=en
• Post ID: 64172112 philadelphia