Primary point of contact for the Fine Art Department responsible for the management of the day-to-day administration and all aspects of art handling for the Fine Art departments. This includes management of incoming consignments, client communications, preparation of required documentation, preliminary condition reports, related database entry, coordination of exhibitions & auction set-ups, coordination of catalogue & marketing production schedules and general administrative tasks.
Responsibilities will include, but may not be limited to:
• Coordinate with clients, shippers, Specialists & Operations department to insure the safe and efficient receipt, processing, movement and storage of all inbound and outbound property handled by the Fine Art Department.
• Manage local, domestic & international shipping including preparation of all required documentation & insurance.
• Record, daily, all required information into the database, including incoming condition reports, property status & location codes. Affix all inventory identification & lotting tags to property.
• Maintain communications with clients to include contracts, pre & post sale reports, and other general communications.
• Working with Specialist, marketing & business development departments create manage and implement event, exhibition, and auction set-up schedules.
• Establish and implement best practices for the manual handling of property, inventory integrity and storage methods.
• Other duties and projects as assigned by Manager.
Skills and Requirements:
• Two (2) years of Art Handling and/or Auction House/Gallery administration experience.
• Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
• Ability to multi-task, work in a fast-paced environment and remain calm under pressure. • Exceptional organizational and problem solving skills.
• Must be conversant with Microsoft Office applications, particularly Outlook, Word & Excel.
General bending, lifting, carrying, pushing, pulling, and overall material handling using the proper lifting/moving techniques.
Full time. M-F 9:00 PM -5:00 PM and occasional weekends & evenings
Please send your resume and cover letter via email
Name: Shannon Jeffers
• Post ID: 50231628 philadelphia