The Annenberg Center is in search of a Financial Assistant. The Financial Assistant will work under the direction of the General Manager in a variety of areas including assisting with financial reporting and grants management. The focus of the position will be primarily accounting but may include other duties as assigned. Additionally, the assistant will be working with several database systems and will help prepare journal entries and cost transfers.
This is a great opportunity to learn the performing arts business while working in a relaxed environment. It will be especially rewarding for anyone interested in both business and the arts. The position is part-time with total of hours of 10-15 per week and will be compensated at a rate of $12-$15 an hour.
• Assist General Manager in submitting financial data, financial notes, and other documentation to DataArts
• Reconciliation of a variety of fund and expense accounts.
• Prepare sales tax reports for the University.
• Work jointly with the General Manager to identify, develop, implement and streamline processes in the Business Office that will allow the department to work more efficiently.
• A solid understanding of financial accounting and the ability to create ad hoc financial reports for both internal and external uses.
• Previous exposure to database systems and the willingness to learn other systems unique to the University of Pennsylvania and the Annenberg Center including; Tessitura, Event Planning Systems, and several financial and accounting systems.
• Strong analytical skills
• Strong communication skills
• Intermediate to advanced skills and experience with Excel.
• An interest in the performing arts is a plus!
• Bachelor’s degree preferred and/or a minimum of 3 years of experience.
• Strong oral and written communication and organizational skills.
• Demonstrated attention to detail.
• Strong understanding of accounting, finance and business.
Please email a cover-letter and resume directly. (no phone inquiries
Phone Number: Annenberg Center for the Performing Arts
Bachelor’s degree preferred and/or a minimum of 3 years of experience.
• Post ID: 50236343 philadelphia